The 2022 scholarships are valued at $5000 and are designed to help to support a piece of research lasting up to 12 months. An assessment panel of Auckland Museum Institute and Auckland Museum staff will meet to select the scholarship recipients.
The application process will be two stage.
1. Complete an Expression of Interest through our online form. Here you will provide a brief statement about your research, along with your academic transcript and proof of enrollment.
CLOSING DATE 5PM 20 JUNE 2022
2. A shortlisted group of students will then be invited to meet with relevant Museum staff, discuss their project and submit a full application form with references and further details on their research. You will seen an example of this final form at the bottom of this page.
Applicants must be enrolled in postgraduate study at a New Zealand tertiary institution. While the Award may be co-tenured with other grants the recipient may not have received prior postgraduate scholarships from Auckland Museum. For a full list of all eligibility criteria please refer to the terms and conditions document at the bottom of this page.
Criteria for Selection
Applicants will be assessed on the merit of their application. The selection process may include an interview with a panel of staff from Auckland Museum and the Auckland Museum Institute Council.
Scholarship recipients will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
* Cultural competency, in connection to the Museum’s unique cultural identity where applicable.
* Academic excellence and the potential to succeed in the proposed research.
* Alignment of research to the Museum’s collections, practices, or research priorities.
* Likelihood of the scholarship to support the applicant’s proposed course of study and research.
* Likelihood of the scholarship contributing to new development opportunities or research findings for Māori and/or Pasifika students, where applicable.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM 25 MAY 2022
Link to Expression of Interest Form
Example Application Form
This is an example form, showing what you may be invited to complete following your Expression of Interest. Please do not complete or submit this form.
Terms and Conditions
An example agreement that successful candidates will be required to sign, is provided below. The agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the scholarship.